jQuery Peepshow is a thumbnail gallery plugin. It aligns, centers, and crops images of any size into a grid of thumbnail previews.
Thumbnails expand to their full dimensions on hover or tap. When images are placed in a group and hovered over, each one is expanded, rotated, and displayed via a smooth fade transition.
New feature: custom thumbnails! A separate image can now be used as an image group’s thumbnail. See the 2nd image group in the Live Preview above.
Mobile/touch devices supported!
Simple demo illustrating multiple galleries per page available here.
Note: this plugin is not compatible with jQuery 1.4.2 only. All other versions of jQuery 1.4 and higher are compatible.
- Adjustable thumbnail size
- Adjustable thumbnails per row
- Adjustable image rotation speed
- Auto centering and auto margins
- Round thumbnail corners
- Overlay captions
- Pause/play button
- Many more…
Checkout the Live Preview for a demo of options!
Feedback & updates
- Feedback: jQuery Peepshow on BetaEasy
Release History1.2.2 – July 18, 2012
- Added new custom thumbnail feature: a separate image can now be used as an image group’s thumbnail (instead of cropping the 1st image in the group)
- mobile/touch mode: fixed expanded positioning for iOS 5
- Fixed options to be gallery specific when there are multiple galleries per page.
- Removed “containerClass” option so that the gallery container element can have a static class/identifier for storing options per gallery.
- Added “touch mode”: optimized gallery interface for mobile/touch devices. Can be enabled/disabled/auto-enabled via “touchMode” option.
- No longer necessary to manually assign the “jq-peepshow” class to the gallery container. This is done automatically now.
- Fixed buggy automatic itemsPerRow option (ie. itemsPerRow: “auto”).
- Fixed preloading indicator (ie. the spinner graphic).
- Added “containerClass” option.
- Various performance improvements.
- Play/pause button remains centered in overlayregardless of overlay size.
- Fixed IE z-index bug: images would sometimes disappear when hovered over multiple times.
- Fixed IE7-8 bug: images sometimes requested twice due to caching issues.
- Removed “preloadImages” option. It was useless as the browser begins loading images once encountered in the DOM.
- Fixed some typo’s in README.html doc.
- Initial release
orginal product link