bCards is a great solution for those who need to quickly build a mobile app to create, browse and find virtual business cards around your location.
* In case your device will show a Toast message saying “Can’t open file”, just download the Astro File Manager app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro&hl=en
and use it to install the APK. This may happen because of new Android Security options *
PLEASE NOTE that you will not be able to see any bCard unless you are from London UK. In case you’re from London, you may find some demo bCards in the ‘Finance’ and ‘Real Estate’ categories. Anyway, no matter where you’re from, you can still sign up and make your own bCard in the Account screen, and then see it in the Category you’ve set it for.
VintyMag is a complete Magazine/Newspaper WordPress Theme where you can showcase your blog news in an old-fashioned look. It is easy to install and configure, and it has got 4 different Home and Categories layouts.
bCards is a full-working application (UI + Source Code) for people who need to look for services and business around their location, get in touch with them and also make their Virtual Cards to be found or get jobs requests.
Users can edit/create business cards, search by keywords, report inappropriate content, add cards to their favorites, and much more.
The iOS and Android versions can share the same database on back4app!
The design is clean, code is commented and project folders and files are well organized in the package.
• Check out the Features section below to see what this app does.
• Read the online Documentation to learn how to configure the template’s features and the database (Parse Dashboard).
• Keep an eye to the Change Log on the bottom of this page when an update gets released.
It’s backend is by Parse Server and it’s hosted on back4app – NO MySQL database involved.
Parse Server is flexible, reliable, open source, based on Node.js and well supported by a large community of developers, and back4app is a great BaaS hosting website where you can configure your database, Push Notifications and other features in just a few clicks.
If you want to see a preview of the structure of the demo database, and also clone it in just a click, CLICK HERE!
If you want to use a nice Admin Panel to manage data of your database instead of using the Parse Dashboard, sign up for a FOREVER FREE account on Adminca.com and watch this video to see how to create a Panel for your Parse App.
As per Envato Marketplace Terms, the Extended License applies to all applications that charge money to their users. In case your users will not be charged of money through your own version of this app, you can still buy it under a Regular license.
Therefore, you must buy this template under and Extended License if your plans are either one or more of the following:
- Add In-App Purchase or any other Payment Gateway in the source code and publish the app for free on the App/Play Store – NOTE: If you want to publish your own version of this application for FREE only, then you can still buy it under a Regular License.
- Publish this application as a PAID app on the App Store.
- Transfer the live app of your own verison of this app on the App/Play Store to another owner by selling your ownership on flippa.com or similar marketplaces
IMPORTANT: You are NOT allowed to sell or share the original source code of this template anywhere due to copyright infringement.
Java/XML language – Native Android Studio project – Edit the template as you wish with the power of Android Studio and Java code.
Android 5.0 and above, Universal – Run your app on about 80% of Android devices
Backend with Parse Server hosted on back4app – Built on a great and reliable BaaS that offers many features with just a few clicks, it’s super easy to create and set up a database on back4app, as well as edit the Parse Server’s SDK code.
Browse business cards by category or search them by keywords – Based on your type of search, find what you need easily and get in touch with people.
Favorite people – Save your favorite cards for later use.
Make your own Card – Create your business profilein your Account screen, make it great and add your social networks links, as ell as email and phone number.
Report inappropriate Cards – Help the Admin to keep the app clean by reporting abusive content. He must daily check the database for reported stuff and take action for it.
Set distance range from your current location to find users – You must enable Location Service and be in an area where the GPS signal is present to use this feature.
Facebook login – Quickly sign in or sign up with your Facebook account
AdMob Interstitial ads – Get some revenue from full-screen advertisement banners
Modern, clean design – The UI has been carefully crafted to offer the best user experience to your clients.
Online Documentation – Read the extensive guide of this template to be able to configure it properly.
PSD icons included in the package – App and buttons icons are stored into a PSD folder, for easy image replacement.
The latest official version of Android Studio – Beta versions of an IDE usually never work 100% properly, and the code of this app has been written using the latest official version of AS (download it here. You must use it and avoid Betas.
An Apple Mac or Windows computer, updated to its latest OS version – It’s always good to keep your computer’s OS up to date, technology keeps growing and I follow its changes, as well as updating my templates every time a new OS gets released.
A Google Play Developer Account – This is needed for you to publish apps on the Play Store. You can still edit and test this template on Android Studio without that account though.
Basic knowledge of Android Studio and Java/XML language – You don’t need to be a skilled or professional developer, anyway it’s recommended to have at least the basic knowledge of what you’re dealing with, in order to be able to customize this template and publish your applications on the Play Store.
A free account on back4app.com – You can create and edit your Parse App and database, get the necessary keys for configurations and test this template for free. It has limitations though, so please check the Pricing table and consider subscribing for a paid plan after your app got published on the App Store.
An active AdMob account – Unless you want to remove ads in this app, you need to sign up for an AdMob account to display them.
A real device to test the app before submitting it to the Play Store – Emulators may fail during tests, they are not reliable as a real device is, so I strongly recommend you to always run this application on a real phone/tablet. This is also suggested by Google’s official Guidelines.
May 7, 2020
- Updated to Android Studio 3.6.3 - Added this line side the <application> tag in the 'Manifest.xml' file: android:requestLegacyExternalStorage="true" This fixes the issue on taking pictures with the camera on Android 10 devices - Added this line in the 'permissions' array in 'Configurarions.java': Manifest.permission.CAMERA,
March 10, 2020
- Updated to Android Studio 3.6.1 - Added this line of code on the top of the onCreate() function in all Java Activity files: @SuppressLint("SourceLockedOrientationActivity")
December 23, 2019
- Updated the 'main.js' file to compile with the latest Parse Server 3.x version | Remember to update the Parse Server version of your app on back4app from the 'Manage Parse Server' section!
December 17, 2019
- Updated the 'main.js' file to compile with the latest Parse Server 3.x version. ** NOTE: IF THIS IS AN UPDATE FOR YOU, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING: ** 1. Update your Parse Server to the latest version (currently it's 3.9.0) from the 'Manage Parse Server' section of your Parse App on back4app- unless you already have the latest version selected. 2. Upload the updated 'main.js' file into the 'Cloud Code Function' section of your app on back4app, overwrite the existing one and Deploy it.
December 10, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.5.3 - Updated: compileSdkVersion 29 targetSdkVersion 29 in the 'build.gradle' file.
August 29, 2019
- Fixed a small bug in the 'CardDetails.java' file about reporting a Card -> I've simply renamed the CloudCode function's name from 'FUNCTION_NAME' into 'reportUser' in this line: ParseCloud.callFunctionInBackground("reportUser", params, new FunctionCallback<Object>()
August 22, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.5
July 17, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.4.2
June 20, 2019
- Installed 'Android 9.0 (Pie)' Platform form the Android SDK Manager (you should do the same in your Android Studio in case you haven't done that yet, and the perform the updates below). - Edited build.gradle (Module: app) file by setting the 'compileSdkVersion and 'targetSdkVersion' into 28 - Did: Refractor -> Migrate to AndroidX, so after doing the suggested Refractor, some dependencies changed in the build.gradle (Module: app) file, compare your old files with the updated ones. - Updated some dependencies in build.gradle(Module: app) file, compare your old build.gradle file with the updated one to perform updates - Replaced: import com.parse.ParseFacebookUtils; with: import com.parse.facebook.ParseFacebookUtils; in Configurations.java and Intro.java
June 7, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.4.1
May 7, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.4 - Updated some dependencies in build.gradle(Module:app) to their latest versions
February 8, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.3.1 - Updated the 'build.gradle(Project:)' and 'build.gradle(Module:app)' files [compare the updated code with your old code and perform changes accordingly]
January 22, 2019
- Updated to Android Studio 3.3
January 3, 2019
- Updated the Facebook Android SDK and ParseFacebookUtils versions in build.gradle: implementation 'com.facebook.android:facebook-android-sdk:4.37.0' implementation 'com.parse:parsefacebookutils-v4-android:1.10.7@aar'
November 2, 2018
- First release, Android 5.0 and above - Native Android Studio project, Java language, Parse Server backend hosted on back4app.com
For any support requests, please contact me through my Profile’s Contact Form
Rate my Work
Your support is always greatly appreciated, from comments to product’s reviews, so please click here to rate your purchases!